In early June of 2016, I had filed for divorce. It was my worst nightmare and a decision I had put off for many years in hopes that God was going to do a needed miracle in order for me to remain. Unfortunately, I had to let go of my dreams and my husband who I dearly loved.
I cannot begin to explain the loneliness I felt during the separation, the frustration of the “mountain” not moving, and the desperation for God to fix it. Emotionally and mentally, the entire scenario and the process afterwards proved to be a hurt that challenged my worth and value as a woman and as a Christian. Many situations would bring me to tears and a breakdown. Sometimes alone in my apartment and sometimes in the arms of my mom, but always in the presence of God.
Today, I am so thankful that God is my anchor. He has healed me mentally and emotionally in so many ways that I find it quite unbelievable. There is no bitterness or hate. By all worldly standards, there should be. I should hate all men. I should hate marriage and I’m sure the enemy would have loved it if I turned on God.
But no! God during this process has revealed himself so brilliantly. His covenant with me remains. He has blessed me abundantly and has proved His Word to be true. He has truly positioned me to be exactly where I am today and is bringing me into deeper relation with Him.
1. He has shown me to have Agape love towards someone who has hurt me.
2. He has shown me how to be a concrete image of Jesus Christ’s love no matter what sin has been done against me because it has first been done against Him.
3. He is redirecting me to find my value in Him and not man.
4. He is challenging me to believe that His promises are for me too.
5. He is asking me to trust him and have faith.
6. He is calling me to intercessory prayer and stand in the gap, so that I can believe that prayer works.
7. He is asking me to believe in the impossible miracle that will show His Glory even if it’s just me believing in it.
8. He is showing me what it means to take up my cross if I am going to follow Him.
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
To God Be the Glory